Sunday, November 8, 2009

Shame

At this point, I think I need to admit NaNoWriMo is not happening for me. For some reason, and I don't know why, I am not able to write fiction right now. I even tried switching gears. And, this book is something I really want to write, and I've got the whole thing pictured in my head.

So I'll write it, but probably not over the course of the month.

Does daylight savings time fuck with everybody's head this bad? Is it just me?

So, yeah, public shame for me.

On the other hand, my recap of the first episode of the 2007 3 Day Novel Contest reality tv show is up, and I welcome comment and vociferous disagreement/praise. At least, I'm keeping the words moving in some small way.

Ms. G, on the other hand seems to be making acceptable progress on her NaNoWriMo, so do root for her.

That's about all I have for you today.

Shame.

2 comments:

Grymm the Pleasant said...

Damn. I was enjoying what you had so far.

Unknown said...

I'll keep swinging. I will. But I really have my doubts about making it.

It's funny. G is really sick right now, and I was just upstairs hanging out bedside and we had an awesome talk for a couple of hours about, well, all kinds of things, but especially writing.

NaNoWriMo is really perfect for her, and 3 day is perfect for me. I love the freedom that 3 day offers to just let the rest of the world go and dive in to the book for a sustained frantic period. NaNoWriMo is, maybe, too long for me. It's too broken up by real world shit I have to do, and being tired and crabby after work and all of that nonsense.

I love my book idea, and it's becoming more and more of a thing that is not JUST a joke, and I will write it NaNo, or not.

I think part of the reason I'm having a hard time is that I can't seem to find the right music to write it by. With my other books I had playlists that I would use that took me inside, straight to the book.

G said, "Well, see, there you are. If you can't find your music, you don't know where your book is yet."

And, that was pretty much absolutely brilliant comment. So, if any of you are wondering WHY Gayleen is my closest friend in the world, there's a hint for you. She gets me.

And thank you, Grymm, for the support. I'm glad you liked it. I still don't know if the book is insane in a good way or a bad way. :)
- Show quoted text -