Monday, January 12, 2009

Critics Wanted

I'm posting a snippet of something that I've been thinking about for a long time, but I have just recently gotten the balls to start writing. I have a chapter written, and I wouldn't mind if any of you would eye it over and let me know what you think. Read through the snippet, and if it's something you think you might "get" then let me know and I'll e-mail you the rest. If you're not interested in the genre/style, then no harm no foul.

Cam smiled wryly enjoying her own secret joke at what Daphne had said. The truth was, she was never wrong when she read palms. That, more than anything, was why she had shied away from that aspect of her business. She could do the other stuff, tarot cards, runes, and psychic readings, but she was simply a queen of bullshit at those. Palm reading was her gift, but she had grown tired of telling people to get their head’s checked only to have their software fry them mere weeks later. She learned the hard way that people went to palm readers for entertainment’s sake, not for any sort of insight.

1 comment:

cenobyte said...

Cool. It reminds me of a book I read not too long ago where some of the main characters were gypsies. I loved it. Would like to see more of yours!