Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to the New Year!

Ryan, your humble coordinator here.

This site has suffered, as many do, from the holiday season and the many stressors therein. My super secret writing project is still underway, though at a stupidly slow pace. I know not why.

I do have a new day job, and that is not helping. The job is fine, but it is the thief of time.

I do have some ideas that I want to bring forward in the near future.

The dino-contest appears to have died a death from lack of participation, as has the postcard contest. Pity, but natural selection will do its thing.

I have, however, a rack of new prizes thanks to an anonymous contributor who old me a schwack of excellent books for a pittance to use as prizes.

If i owe anyone a prize, please email me me here at textfight so I can rectify. I think I've mailed out the prizes to all who have them coming, but my brain is made of swiss cheese as the long nights of winter drag on.

It is getting better now, thank god.

In an unrelated note, I am still looking for people to critique my three day novel. Volunteer, you bastards.

Let's get some talk going in the infield, anyway, people. Let's kick start one another.

Oh, and congrats to G and out mystery Blogshy person once again on completing their November novels. I've read G's, and really like it.

And so we go. Let me spark conversation.

I think slavery is just wrong. Who here thinks it's right?

5 comments:

cenobyte said...

Oooh! I do! But only with children. They don't deserve pay.

Unknown said...

So much depends on the expected uties of a slave, Cenobyte.

I'm just saying. Consider carefully what you're backing here.

mmrilla said...

I've got a question. Would it be appropriate for me to post a small story and ask for critiques? Or should I instead post a notice that I have a small story and am looking for critiques.

It seems that this is not the place for a story to sit alone, unless it's part of a bigger contest.

Unknown said...

I certainly don't object. Cen? Grymm? Everyone? Thoughts?

I will say that poting asking for a critique on this site is a promie of total savagery. You're very brave.

Gordon said...

I volunteer... unless you need it done quickly.

And I prefer debt-bondage over outright slavery...

Do the Thai lady-boys I keep chained up in my basement count as slaves?