Friday, August 30, 2013

One More Time

So, it's six hours until the contest starts.  My outline is completed (it's loose, and I'm still tweaking).  I know better than to make it very detailed.  In the heat of the 3-Day, it could well go out the window.  It always has before.  I vowed, though, not to assy this again without one.

My book is Strange Adventures: An Oral History of the Superhero 1925-1986.

It's split into four parts:

  1. Secret Origins (1925-1945)
  2. Reverse Alchemy (1946-1961)
  3. Silver to Twilight (1962-1985)
  4. Distant Memory (1986-present day) 
I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one.  There's a plot, and it's pretty simple but I think it's nifty.  Mostly, though the book is personal reminiscences of the people who were there for that brief little 60 year window when super-powered men, women and other flew and fought and strived to change the world.

It's also about how we coped with losing them, and carried on.

So, it's ambitious, but not overly complicated.  This has been my bane. 

Okay.  Back to it.  I'll be posting semi-regularly this weekend.  Feel free to keep up as I do.  Or not.

No comments: