Sunday, September 1, 2013

20,000 words

  I just broke 20k.  I think it's the halfway point, or just past it.

  Earlier today, I was worried that it was wandering.  Now I worry that it may be too focused.  There is, at this point, absolutely a narrative.

  Colour me shocked.

  My outline, not so much being followed.  I had a sort of moment of story clarity that changed a few things.

  Also, I think I'll be writing straight text pieces about these characters for the next several months. 

  It's a big canvas story.

  There are a lot of casually mentioned details that could be enlarged upon.

  It might be better if I don't.  I don't know.

 Some years I am afraid of running out of story.  Some years, I am afraid of running out of time.

This is one of those latter years.

Soda, then back at it.



No comments: