Sunday, September 1, 2013

Progress Update

   I got to a bit of a late start this morning.  I had a lovely breakfast with +Gayleen Froese , and then picked up a few items at the mall.  I seem to have come down with a cold, but it's minor, and I'm on it.

The writing is not at the pace I would prefer.  I'm writing about the Second World War, and I am nearly at the end of it now.  The post-war period is what I am most comfortable with, and that should come quickly.

This part of the book is ugly.  War is ugly, and the war for the superhumans was uglier than most. 

I am, however at what I think is nearly the half way point for the project.  I think my book may go as long as 40,000 words this year, which would be something of a record for me.  I expect to go to the wire.

I've had some feedback on the first part of the book, and it's been pleasantly favorable so far.  I think this book is less of a mess than most of my 3-Day books have been.  It's tighter, and maybe more focused.

I'm just worried that, as oral histories do, it's wandering. 

I'm in the second act, and second acts are hard.

Thanks for checking in.  I'm gonna go hug a dog and a roomie or something and then get back to it.  I would like to do another 8000-10000 words today.

No comments: