Sunday, September 2, 2012

Afternoon update

    After the sudden shocking departure from my outline last night, I went to bed early, and had troubled dreams.

    I wrote a few words this morning, and then went for a brunch with Gayleen to talk about the story.  She seems to think it's going well, and I'll have to take her word for it, because I have no idea.  I've been really weepy and emotional all morning, which is, of course, going to really help me in cementing my reputation as the manly-man Ernest Hemingway of my generation.

  What happened in my story shook me about as much as it did Will, I think, and that's the why.

  So, I've had a bit of a late start, and I expect to be pulling an all nighter tonight to catch up, especially because, with the ending now being so radically different, the opening chapters need to be completely re-written as well.  I will need part of the day tomorrow, without question, to revise.

  If there's anybody out there who is interested in reading what I've got so far, let me know.  I'd love another set of eyes and 90 percent of my peeps are at the nerd convention this weekend being nerdy nerdy nerds.

 Back to it.

No comments: