Saturday, September 1, 2012

Time for Supper

Well, I'm not going to lie to you, that was a close one.  I spent about a solid two hours staring at my novel, realizing that, despite my outline I was getting nowhere.

Dennis Dunlop was just not showing up for work.  I don't understand how that works.  Sometimes the people you're writing about just call in sick or something.

I announced to Gayleen, in fact, that I was quitting, giving up, failing for my second year in a row.

Thankfully, she was able to, simply by being calm, de-escalate me.

I'm still not sure I'm writing a book anyone will want to read, but Dennis showed up, and now that he's here, things are going back on course.  I'm a little behind, but I believe I will catch up now.  I think the worst of the head pounding is over.

To my surprise, by the way, I think that, instead of being annoyed with Dennis Dunlop, Will is getting very quickly attached to him.  That's remarkable, especially as he tends to dislike most men a great deal.  That's very interesting, especially as it will have an impact on the climax of the book.

So, in short, I think I'll finish this time.  I think.

And thank god for having a roommate around to talk me down.

I am starving.

That is ridiculous as I am undoing the last two weeks of dieting this weekend, I'm sure.

I'll get back on track Tuesday.  Right now I need to run on heavy fuel.

More later.


No comments: