Sunday, November 4, 2012

Finally working

I'm using new writing software these days.  It's called Scrivener, and you should look it up.  It's a really interesting approach for a word processor.  It's designed for project compilation.  Once you've finished a draft, you export to Word or whatever you use for the final gussy up.

It's ideal for a project like mine.  I can keep all the old chapters attached to the project, in multiple revisions, and add and insert the new ones.  Each chapter or section is kept as kind of it's own document until you choose to compile it. 

I've just finished extensively re-writing my opening, based on the last attempt I had to get this going.

Now I'm going to lay new ground with a much expanded version of the second chapter from the 3-day manuscript.

It's going to be a weird process of expanding existing material to flesh it out, and adding entirely new chapters, so tracking my word count is going to be an interesting proposition.  I guess, though, that the whole point of this exercise is to just be productive, and I reckon I'll be doing that.

I've had zero desire to work this last few days, and too many shiny distractions.

Now it's time to buckle down and catch up.

If I write 1,772 words a day from here on out, I'm golden.

That's attainable.

How are the rest of you doing?

No comments: