Sunday, November 4, 2012

Taking a break now

  I've done 3,827 words this afternoon, and I'm getting a bit hungry.  I'm thinking I'll have some supper, and maybe watch a move or something before I get back to it.  I'd love to do another 1500 or so today, but I have some thinking to do now about my next steps.  It might be better for me to let it sit for awhile.

  I think it's a far stronger beginning now.  I worry that it lacks the urgency of the 3-day, though.

  The thing about the 3-Day novel, see, is that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it IS a page turner.

  I'd like to keep that page turner feeling.  It's easy to achieve during the three day, because you have NO choice but a breakneck pace.

  I'd like to think Will comes off rather as rather more likeable in this draft so far.  I guess I'll see.

  If there are any non Canadians out there, do you know who Bruno Gerussi is?

  I think the first line of the book is great if you do, and maybe doesn't work if you don't.

No comments: