Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HA! It worked!

So after all that writing I plowed out last week and all the sleeping I plowed out over the weekend, I awoke this morning from one of those half-waking dream states in which I figured out roughly how the forward to this back-burner novel project should be written. I've been researching this project off and on, but hadn't realized how my recent experiences had been coalescing, including some things in my academic research and writing, to help me write this section.

So the upshot of it is that I've started on the more creative, actually novel-writing, part of my PseudoNaNoWriMo. I can't guarantee that I'll progress from the forward into the story quite yet, and of course I have other academic writing to do, but it's beautiful when one is able to break new novel-writing ground.

It also feels good that I'm getting to know myself better, as well as how to motivate myself and get through the blocks. I guessed that if academic words counted, I'd inevitably clear a space in my head and my schedule for the creative words to flow as well. Even if I only end up with a few new novel manuscripts words jotted down, this will all be worth it.

And there was much rejoicing. Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

G-