Thursday, November 6, 2008

Withdrawing

Well, as my nonexistent word count suggests, I haven't really been involved with the fun and excitement of NaNoWriMo. So, I'm taking my hat from the ring. Full explanations are at my blog. I'm going to be working on a poetry project of self-discovery and healing for the rest of the month and I'll make sure to update here regularly regarding my progress.

I'm cheering all of you on, though. And, if any of you want someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm available... what with still being an unemployed bum.

Honestly, I'm bummed about not participating, but I am not in the right headspace for a project of this scope and speed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wussy.

Just kidding. Actually, I don't see why you can't create a book of poems and still kind of participate, if you want. We can change your counter to "poems written" or something.

Or not. Whatever works for you.

G-

Gordon said...

I think its a great idea. I always find it easier to concentrate on poetry or short stories when I have crap going on in my life. They take long enough to write that it lets you escape for a while, but not so much commitment that you feel guilty if you can't get to it for a few days. More power to you.

Oh, wait, I forgot I'm a jerk... damn.

_Gordon, not a nice guy.

Deborah Leiter Nyabuti said...

Ooh, here's a thought--if you wanted to challenge yourself to excellent brevity, you could set yourself a goal about a certain amount of lines or words you wanted your month to contain, then keep an update on percentage of the way there. Or you could count every time you moved or revised a word in one of the poems.

Then again, we know I'm all about making up whatever the heck rules you want, yet still participate. :)