Friday, November 7, 2008

Poetry Update

A Caveat: You'll notice that my number of poems written during NaNoWriMo is actually increasing at a steady pace, and for the sake of transparency, I feel like I should clarify a few things.

These are all rough. Very rough. Due to the emotional nature of my project, they're also not likely going to make it into anything good for the moment. They're raw and accusatory and self-deprecating and not fit for publication. But, I hope that after a few more days of getting through my gut reactions, I'll move onto something beautiful and really good. If I don't, this could turn into a bust, but I want to give it a shot anyway. Additionally, these raw poems may turn into something on their own after I get a few days of distance from them. I hope that I can find the gold nugget of each poem I've written and make it into something better than it is now.

So, don't look at my poem count and be amazed... yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, this is all about rough. If we stopped to consider quality it would slow us down. Revision and reworking comes later.

If you want to see rough and ugly check my tortured fucking punctuation and spelling and everything else on The Rook's Nest.

This prose is so fucked up and ratty I don't even know why I'm sharing it.

Compulsion, I guess.

Deborah Leiter Nyabuti said...

Yeah, I'm the only weird one here who's also encouraging herself to revise and submit her stuff...mostly because I need encouragement to do that with a lot of stuff I've had sitting around for a long time...

Oh, by the way, I don't have access to update word counts here, so I don't know if you guys want to give me access to that, or check my blog regularly for word counts, provide a link in the word count section to my blog? Any or none of those? It's also somewhat complicated by the fact that my new words count is separate from my revising page count (though I may well throw both of them together by the end of the process).

Unknown said...

If you have a gmail ddress, send me an email to textfight(at)gmail.com, and I'll be more than happy to give you full posting and tinkering access.