Monday, September 7, 2009

And that wraps it up for another year.

I finished my second draft 1t 11:58.

The final word count is now 32,042. Silver Bullets was 33,161. So this is slightly more than a thousand words shorter.

Even more than last year, I have NO idea if this is any good. I've spent three days in it, and I've lost all scope. It went so quickly when it was going well, and so slowly when it wasn't.

It is, I think, already much improved for a simple go through to tighten things up.

Once I realized the central thesis of the book, it made it much easier to pull it all together.

Also I fixed all the times accidentally called the main female character the real name belonging to C3nobyte, on whom she is partially, but only partially based.

One thing you do, when you write at this pace, is check that you've not had any of your characters change names. It's not just me, apparently. It happens quite a lot.

Tomorrow I will print this up to send in.

I'm tired, but it's a good kind of tired, and I'm not a bit sorry.

This is me signing off. I will probably respond to comments, but I am still lying a little low on the Internet right now.

Thanks for your support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

w00t!

jf.

Unknown said...

Indeed.

I am glad its over, though.

You know what is more painful than reading my book right now?

Reading all the posts. The typos, the terrifying misuse of both caffeine and punctuation.

I suppose I captured the inner workings of my mind in the process but I wouldn't want to live there.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you commute!

JF.