Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ideas thus offered

1) Someone wins a lottery, does something weird with the money.
2) An organized crime story.
3) My serial killer story I talked about last year, where the killer is an angel, and the detective solving the case is unaware of this.
4) A Quincy style story that starts with a corpse and works backward from there.
5) "Just saw an article about Twitter stalkers who follow people's Twitter
positings -- so that they can determine when they're not home, then break
into their homes and steal things. Thought to myself, 'there's definitely
a story in that...'"

Do keep them coming.

4 comments:

Cori said...

I vote for #3. Of course.

AJ said...

I'd like to see you take one of your minor characters from that-novel-of-yours-what-I've-read-and-whose-name-I-can't-recall and build up a story around them. You already know that alternate earth setting to some degree and exploring the life of a minor character might help you see into corners of which you were not aware.

Just my 2¢.

Unknown said...

Cori--I had a suspicion you'd go for that. I'm sure tempted. I just worry about keeping up the level of imagination required for three days. It's on my shortlist.

AJ--This is good advice. I actually sort of did that last year too. I am CERTAINLY going to set it in the same sort of world, and use one of the many characters I have floating my brain fully developed.

Thanks guys :)

Cori said...

I try to believe that my predictability is charming.