Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pace.

Okay, the book came to life on me somewhere this afternoon. I have a sort of loose skeleton for the story, and some concepts I want to use. My pace is getting better. I think I can hit 12,000 before I sleep tonight. Maybe more. Unless I hit one of those annoying stumbling blocks.
I had the joy of finding a character in the middle of the action I did not know would be there. That's always good.
I've been getting a few people to read my first two chapters and see if I'm on target. So far, I'm getting the impression it's worth going on. Thank god.
I just typed this to my friend Arthur, "All I need is the gut. And I appreciate the hell out of this. It's like doing a tightrope walk naked. I have no idea how the performance is going.. All i can think of is that I'm naked, and it's cold up here."

That about sums it up for me.

The good news is that I'm now enjoying the work. It isn't just work. Nice feeling. I'm still far more behind than I want to be.

Back to it.

No comments: