Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday morning

A few notes:

1) Good on you Grymm. Knowing you were out there in the slave pits with me buoyed my spirit. Also, I'm not too proud to admit that my male ego was threatened by the possibility you might last longer than I would, and without that spur I might have surrendered in those darkest hours on day 1. Thanks so much.

2) My dreams are often interesting, but rarely so useful as they were last night. There is no longer any question that I will finish the book. There is only the question of how much time I'll have to edit before midnight.

3) I am under no illusions this book is as strong as Silver Bullets, but considering I had two concepts and one name as I sat down at the keys, I'm just a wee bit proud of myself at how insane this book is. I just hope that the unanswered questions about Tom's life are interesting without making the story unreadable.

4) I slept until nine, and then went for breakfast out. I don't regret this, exactly, as I'm now feeling very relaxed and loose, but I may regret it in a few hours.

Back to it.

Thanks for your emails and comments, folks. Day three was my favorite day last year. Here's hoping.

No comments: