Sunday, September 6, 2009

Draft

As the counter indicates, I decided to call it at 15000 words (that is 51 pages), as I had written basically all I wanted for it. I will likely continue to revise it, and add illustrations to it, because it seems like it wants some pictures in it. I may post some of those.

If I do this again, I should consider actually trying to get more planning for it, probably 50 to 70 ideas to be covered, as I know I can get about a page an a half out of anything. However, I am not sure about it. I don't really do narrative fiction that much. Could be the gamer thing, but I like fictional worlds, possibly with an implied narrative, but ones that are more immersive. Things like false document encyclopaedias and the like, or collections of myths or the like. In this way, I wrote the type of work that I like, as it is more of a semi-narrative world building than a true novel.

Parts of it will likely be seen by others in likely the near future, as it could be seen as a setting chapter for something like 1st edition Vampire the Masquerade. We also have most of a cobbled together system, that if we filed the some of the cobbles down so they were more obviously our own, could make a compelling game of sorts.

(For those wondering, it is a Supers setting with very a high villain quotient, and questionable characters. The system is on the conflict resolution rather than task resolution side. It has meant that it is effectively a supers game with no specific rules for powers).

If you want to see it, ask.

No comments: