Monday, September 1, 2008

Having done some rereading...

I think I'm making too much of my concerns.

I think the chapters are shorter because they, in essence, capture the same perod of time from two perspectives. Put together, they are the same length as most of the ones that came before.

I'm in the home stretch now, and about to write the Shootout at Clanton Stables.

This is probably going to be a long chapter, all from Harry's perspective.

Thank God. Writing this scene from Bear-On-Fire's perspective would be...scary. He's sort of dual aspected. There's Bear, the guy, and he's not that complicated. More than most of the immortals in the book though, his...whatever the thing inside him that keeps him alive...has a mind of its own.

And is bad-ass.

I think I should be done before six p.m, which surprises the hell out of me. I'm grateful though, for the time to revise the thing and polish some of the rough edges off. I'm sure that I will want to change some of the earlier parts of the book in light of some unexpected places I wound up at.

No comments: