Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Printing.

Now that I'm done, and rereading, I see so many changes I wish I'd made. I am concerned, deeply, about the clarity of what happens in the climactic gunfight, and, further, about the...er...opacity of the very ending bit.

I know I can make these changes, in time, but the judges won't see them.

I think the writing is strong, and the story engaging. I just don't know if it hangs together.

I tried something, I think, more ambitious than is usually tried by people.

I have no idea if the judges will care.

Oh, well. Winning is not that important to me. I met a challenge I didn't think I would necessarily meet. That's a take away.

And, I don't think there's anything wrong with this piece that I can't fix with some effort.

I wish I were as confident in the novel that took me six months to write. That one has third act problems I haven't licked yet.

More tomorrow.

No comments: