Monday, September 1, 2008

A worry I have

I have a structural worry. And maybe I'm making too much out of nothing.

It seems to me that my chapters have gotten shorter in this final segment of the book. Part of this is based in wanting to change the perspective between Bear and Harry now that they've met. I'm worried that I started the early part of the book with to leisurely a pace, and now I'm condensing to fit in the end.

I knew that certain parts of the end of this book would be revealed in the same way that in movies you'll see things like, "Harry finished school, and eventually wound up becoming the owner of a chain of drycleaners. He never did finish that cheeseburger." during the end credits of an eighties movie. And that's fine for these purposes, and something that lets me expand the book later if I choose to.

That set aside, I'm worried that I'm not spending enough time building to the climax. Then again, maybe life is like that too.

Anyhow. Back to it.

No comments: