Thursday, September 4, 2008

The NaNoWriMo Thing

Now that I've got my feet wet in the pools of long fiction writing (dammit, I'm good), I am really looking forward to the kind of work I could get done with NaNoWriMo. My only real hesitation is that I don't have any ideas for a book. At all. Smoke and Mirrors was doable for the 3-Day thing because I had come up with the basic concept well over a year ago. Sadly, that's been my only novel idea to date (hardy har har).

The countdown in the sidebar tells me I have 57 days to come up with another idea. That doesn't seem long enough. Dahlia and the little god had the luxury of lounging around in my brain for a long time before they had to face the harsh light of the word processor.

Thus far, I have thought of this:

Something cyberpunky
Something with poems in it.
Something with a strong female lead.

Maybe I can make it into something workable in 57 days.

My cat just dropped a toy mouse at my feet. It appears I have a previous engagement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how pets bring you things, or come to you to beg for food, and look at you as if you're mentally deficient if you say no? Even my degu does this. They all assume that you're not saying no, but that you are instead simply too simple to understand them.

G-