Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bad Afternoon

It all started to fall apart on me around 5:00. I was finishing my scene with my small dark god, I was pleased with his attitude, but I knew that there hadn't been enough plot reveal. I figured moving forward was better than rewriting, so that's what I did.

Unfortunately, about that time I developed a headache (still there) some dizzyness which was quickly accompanied with nausea. I went straight to bed and slept for three hours. I'm still not feeling myself, and I'm 2000 words off of my target for today. I'm not planning on pushing it because I'd rather feel good than productive. Will I regret this tomorrow? Quite possibly.

The other bad news: I have added five chapters to my original outline, and it's a damn good thing I did because I am currently three chapters away from completion. I suppose that puts me at 22,000 words or so, if I'm feeling verbose. My plan for whenever I can write again (tomorrow morning at the latest) is to write those three chapters and then go over it until I'm satisfied that there's nothing else crucial that I should add. In my mind, I see this playing out like so: I finish the book in the morning and spend the afternoon reading and editing, and then the evening writing a new chapter or possibly two. Tomorrow will likely be a long shitty day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only offer you my encouragement in a language I believe you will understand.

"Hurry Rilla! Hurry hard!"