Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not So Organized

The Rook has his shit figured out. Seriously. I am no where near the stage where I'm planning how to survive the week-end.

My plan for this week:

1) Register. Since I decided to join the crazy train while I was in Yorkton, I did not have access to a printer and cheques. Actually, I don't use cheques because I suck at the money. Thus registering entails going to the bank and getting a money order and all that kind of jazz. Putting my money where my mouth is should help me devote more time to the outline.

2) Outline. I need to take my protagonist, antagonist and plot twist, and get something a little bit more firm in place. The novel that I drafted as part of a creative group has roughly 30 chapters and a final word count of 60,000. Since this is my only jumping off point for how to get a book written, I'll use it as a guideline and aim for 15-20 chapters which should put me at around 30,000 words. The Rook is using that as his acceptable word length and I'll follow his lead.

And that's my whole plan.

No really.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah. I have to register this week too.

By the way, planning is easy. Doing? Considerably harder.

I have the advantage of watching 12 tremendously talented people do this on camera last year. I paid attention. I learned some things.

I'm hoping some of them will come by to offer suggestions soon.

I should email them.