Saturday, August 30, 2008

Whew.

Okay, my pace is starting to flag a little, but that's to be expected. I am now taking an hour or so off, to cook myself some real food, as I'm still well on target for the day.

I can definitely do 30,000 words. I just hope they wind up being 30,000 decent enough words.

It's absolutely impossible for me to tell right now. I'm just not in critical mode.

I've fixed the timeline problems with surprising ease and elegance, actually. I'm grateful for that. I just have to be sure to make the dates match up at the end.

I'm finding the teenaged Harry Parker to be a bit of a jerk.

Part of what I'm mulling over on this break is whether or not I want to show the first time he kills a man, or if I just want to jump ahead ten years from his leaving home to him already being half crazed and callous and retired from outlaw work to being a town marshall.

Both of these strategies have strengths and weaknesses.

Happily my next section is a Bear-On-Fire segment, so I have some real time to think.

Your thoughts are welcome, if you have any. If any of my friends are online and want to read what I have so far before offering council, drop me an email.

Thanks.

No comments: